Job Title: Sales Account Executive
Department: Direct Sales
Direct Manager: Team Leader, Inside Sales Managers
Manages Others (If Yes, # of employees): No
Account Executives are responsible for fielding the provided leads to sign merchant customer accounts as part of a highly motivated, fast-paced team. These individuals will spend the majority of their time on the phone with our potential merchant base.
- 1st year potential $80,000+ earnings!
- 2nd year potential 6 figure earnings!
- Field incoming calls generating 1-8 new leads per day through our website and websites of our affiliates
- Follow up promptly on previous leads via phone and email
- Engage in a minimum of 30 outbound calls and 2 hours of talk time each day on average
- Determine the best solution and account type each potential merchant needs and set accurate expectations for them
- Perform rate reviews to compare merchants’ current provider with our offerings
- Fill out applications thoroughly and accurately with merchants over the phone
- Submit completed application packages to Relationship Managers who then pass to in-house underwriters for review
- Obtain any additional information from the merchant as required, i.e. proof of business, marketing materials, financials, etc.
- Finalize the sale by taking any necessary equipment orders and setting the correct expectations on delivery, usage, support numbers, etc.
- Hit set monthly goal called “Plan”- Plan varies month to month based on lead source, number of working days in the month, seasonality
- Work with your assigned Team Leader with any questions, concerns, areas of improvement throughout the month- this includes reviewing your calls through call critiques to constantly refine your pitch
- Participate in ongoing training sessions on varying subject matter
- Generate referrals and existing merchant accounts through existing clientele
- 4 year bachelor’s degree
- At least 1 year of Sales experience is preferred
- Above average verbal and written skills
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
Preferred Candidates will possess:
- Self motivation
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work both independently and in a team setting
About Merchant Warehouse:
Merchant Warehouse is a leading provider of payment technologies and merchant services. The company’s solutions enable merchants to more effectively connect and engage with their customers regardless of how, where or when they choose to shop. Merchant Warehouse’s flagship technology solution, the Genius™ Customer Engagement Platform™, supports both traditional and new payment types, including mobile commerce, from a single countertop acceptance device.
Merchant Warehouse offers innovative payment solutions that help online and brick-and-mortar retailers, as well as point-of-sale (POS) developers, value-added resellers (VARs) and agents, strategically grow their business. Merchant Warehouse is one of the fastest growing payment technology companies in North America.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer. We aim to provide equality of opportunity to all persons regardless of their religious belief; political opinion; sex; race; age; sexual orientation; or, whether they are married or are in a civil partnership; or, whether they are disabled; or whether they have undergone, are undergoing or intend to undergo gender reassignment.
We do not discriminate against our job applicants or employees on any of the grounds listed above. We aim to select the best person for the job and all recruitment decisions will be made objectively.
Please send all resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.