Job Title: Key Accounts Director
Department: Partner Channel
Direct Manager: SVP, Key Accounts and Partners
The position of Key Accounts Director is very much a self-starter role that will require very strong presentation, negotiating and relationship development skills. This person will not manage existing accounts but will have a new business development mentality and will be responsible for lead generation, prospecting and closing.
- Develop leads through cold-calling, e-marketing, trade shows, and by working with some of Merchant Warehouse’s existing and prospective partners
- Generate leads, prospect, and close high volume accounts within, but not limited to, the Retail, Restaurant, and QSR industries
- Research and become intimately familiar with Tier 2 and Tier 3 space and other highly profitable areas within the payment industry
- Build new benefit relationships for Merchant Warehouse through networking
- College Degree
- Book of business in the tier 2 and 3 retail space (preferable)
- 5+ years selling directly to large retail & restaurant accounts.
- 5+ years working with POS Developers as POS integrations are critical to close new large retail accounts.
- Proven track record of meeting and/or exceeding sales targets within the direct retail/restaurant space.
- Must be a team player with a positive attitude
- An effective communicator, with strong oral and written skills
- Excellent analytical and abstract reasoning skills, plus excellent organizational skills
- Must be willing to travel weekly and on some weekends
- Preferred Boston or Atlanta but not required
Merchant Warehouse is a leading provider of payment technologies and merchant services. The company’s solutions enable merchants to more effectively connect and engage with their customers regardless of how, where or when they choose to shop. Merchant Warehouse’s flagship technology solution, the Genius™ Customer Engagement Platform™, supports both traditional and new payment types, including mobile commerce, from a single countertop acceptance device.
Merchant Warehouse offers innovative payment solutions that help online and brick-and-mortar retailers, as well as point-of-sale (POS) developers, value-added resellers (VARs) and agents, strategically grow their business. Merchant Warehouse is one of the fastest growing payment technology companies in North America.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer. We aim to provide equality of opportunity to all persons regardless of their religious belief; political opinion; sex; race; age; sexual orientation; or, whether they are married or are in a civil partnership; or, whether they are disabled; or whether they have undergone, are undergoing or intend to undergo gender reassignment.
We do not discriminate against our job applicants or employees on any of the grounds listed above. We aim to select the best person for the job and all recruitment decisions will be made objectively.
Please send all resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.