According to The Census Bureau of the Department of Commerce, 2011 e-commerce transactions eclipsed 194 billion dollars, an increase of 16.1 percent over 2010. Whether you’re selling exclusively on the Internet or planning to bring your business into the online space, you will need an online credit card processing solution built to fit your business.
What to look for in an online merchant service account?
To begin accepting online credit and debit card payments, you will need an online merchant account. Like any business decision, it’s important that you do your research. The following are a few critical reminders as you investigate your options and select the provider that is right for you.
- Understand your business – What will your average total purchase price be? What do you expect your monthly volume to be? The answers to these questions will help you determine whether you will be better served by a third party service, or working with a merchant account provider such as Merchant Warehouse. They also ensure you have an online credit card processing account built to your needs.
- Find the right provider - Be on the lookout for providers that have a strong history in providing online accounts.
- Look out for deals that are too good to be true - Online fees differ from traditional merchant accounts, so it’s critical to make sure that the rates and fees you are being quote apply to transactions that are online or "card not present" environment.
- Don’t wait until the last minute - Do your research, beginning the process at least a few weeks in advance of when you expect to accept your first online payment, to avoid being rushed and unsure about which online credit card processing service is best for you.
Setting up a quality, secure online merchant account is a critical key to launching and operating a successful online business. In order to avoid unnecessary charges and fees it is extremely important to work with a merchant service provider that understands the correct way to set up an online account, so choose your provider wisely and make sure that they have the experience, resources and service elements you need.
Why consider Merchant Warehouse?
- Credible and financially stable organization that has worked with over 130,000 merchants
- Payment gateways that ensure security and fraud protection, seamless transaction processing and consistent service
- As one of the largest Authorize.Net resellers in the nation, Merchant Warehouse is able to significantly lower our customers' Authorize.net payment gateway fees, providing immediate savings to their credit card processing costs over the competition
- Merchant Warehouse supports you 24/7/365 through our dedicated service and technology customer experience teams.
Ready to add e-commerce and online credit processing to your new or existing business?