Job Title: Director of Business Development & Operations
Direct Manager: Larry Richmond
Manages Others (If Yes, # of employees): Yes, 3-6 employees
Merchant Warehouse is seeking an experienced individual in the field of Business Development & Operations Management to build and manage the day to day business of its’ AVATAS business channel. An ideal candidate will work closely with the AVATAS management team to execute on the following strategic job functions. Excellent communication skills and the ability to work in a team environment are key to the success of this individual.
- Manage the day to day business operations of the AVATAS business unit to help further the organization’s business objectives
- Assume the primary role in leading the sales, business development, customer management, partner coordination, and marketing functions of the business unit
- Lead the further integration of AVATAS into the Merchant Warehouse organization.
- Work directly with AVATAS team members to:
- Provide well-informed strategic direction to centralize efforts and improve client experience
- Proactively anticipate and address client needs and plan accordingly to ensure client expectations are met every time
- Improve relationships and value from current AVATAS service providers (ex, gateway and hardware providers)
- Work with the management team to identify and develop new verticals for the AVATAS solution set.
- Work with management team to develop and execute sound and relevant marketing strategies in support of business objectives
- Continue to stay ahead of new technology and present ideas and solution recommendations to the AVATAS management team
- Minimum 3-5 years management (5-8 years total experience) or relevant experience required
- Experience working in start-up environment in the financial services industry preferred
- Strong consultative sales and interpersonal skills required
- Experience with contract negotiations strongly preferred but not required
- Successful sales/new business development experience
- Excellent project management skills
- Organized and detail oriented
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated problem solver who is comfortable wearing different hats
- Passion using data to drive decisions, numerate and analytical
- Proven communication, questioning and listening skills in formal and informal settings
- Comfortable with complexity and thinking on multiple levels of abstraction; demonstrated use of critical thinking techniques
- Comfort with fast-paced, dynamic working environment with shifting priorities
- Ability to build excellent rapport with internal and external stakeholders; strong teamwork is a must
- Willingness to travel 50% of the time
About Merchant Warehouse:
Merchant Warehouse is a leading provider of payment technologies and merchant services. The company’s solutions enable merchants to more effectively connect and engage with their customers regardless of how, where or when they choose to shop. Merchant Warehouse’s flagship technology solution, the Genius™ Customer Engagement Platform™, supports both traditional and new payment types, including mobile commerce, from a single countertop acceptance device.
Merchant Warehouse offers innovative payment solutions that help online and brick-and-mortar retailers, as well as point-of-sale (POS) developers, value-added resellers (VARs) and agents, strategically grow their business. Merchant Warehouse is one of the fastest growing payment technology companies in North America.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer. We aim to provide equality of opportunity to all persons regardless of their religious belief; political opinion; sex; race; age; sexual orientation; or, whether they are married or are in a civil partnership; or, whether they are disabled; or whether they have undergone, are undergoing or intend to undergo gender reassignment.
We do not discriminate against our job applicants or employees on any of the grounds listed above. We aim to select the best person for the job and all recruitment decisions will be made objectively.
Please send all resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.