Job Title: Senior Director, Partner Development and VARs
Department: Partner Channel
Direct Manager: SVP, Key Accounts and Partners
Manages Others (If Yes, # of employees): Yes, Team of 7-8 employees (maximum 4 direct reports)
This senior role will be responsible for managing and driving business through the VAR Channel and the Partner Development Group. The ultimate responsibility is to lead both teams to drive business with our ISV Partners via their direct sales force and their VAR channels once the Business Development Directors sign deal with the ISV. This role will be in Boston.
- Value-Added Reseller Team
- Provide leadership and direction to ensure we are prioritizing our list of VARS and executing sales and marketing tactics that bear the most fruit
- Work with SVP to put together the MW VAR Program that will encompass our strategy and guidelines for how we want to work with each and every VAR
- Partner Development Team
- Focus specifically on conversions, promotions, Relationship Management & Partner/VAR satisfaction
- Ensure that our key accounts are happy with us and that we are executing on all cylinders
- Mentor and develop two teams with varying goals, responsibilities and skillsets
- Bachelor’s Degree
- MBA preferred
- 5+ years of direct sales management experience
- Proven ability to lead a team of 7+ people
- Proven track record in closing business and building long-term client relationships
- Sales & Marketing Experience with Value –Added Resellers and POS Developers
- Must be located in Boston
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency. Possesses appropriate business discipline to facilitate quick and fact-based decisions and ensures accountability for execution.
- Proven track record in performing well in a fast paced environment and organizational skills to manage multiple projects with tight deadlines effectively.
- A collaborative and flexible style, with a strong service mentality
- An effective communicator, with strong oral and written skills
Merchant Warehouse is a leading provider of payment technologies and merchant services. The company’s solutions enable merchants to more effectively connect and engage with their customers regardless of how, where or when they choose to shop. Merchant Warehouse’s flagship technology solution, the Genius™ Customer Engagement Platform™, supports both traditional and new payment types, including mobile commerce, from a single countertop acceptance device.
Merchant Warehouse offers innovative payment solutions that help online and brick-and-mortar retailers, as well as point-of-sale (POS) developers, value-added resellers (VARs) and agents, strategically grow their business. Merchant Warehouse is one of the fastest growing payment technology companies in North America.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer. We aim to provide equality of opportunity to all persons regardless of their religious belief; political opinion; sex; race; age; sexual orientation; or, whether they are married or are in a civil partnership; or, whether they are disabled; or whether they have undergone, are undergoing or intend to undergo gender reassignment.
We do not discriminate against our job applicants or employees on any of the grounds listed above. We aim to select the best person for the job and all recruitment decisions will be made objectively.
Please send all resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.