Job Title: Software Engineer
Direct Manager: VP Engineering
Manages Others (If Yes, # of employees): No
As a Software Engineer at Merchant Warehouse, you're part of a larger team that's responsible for implementing our next-generation Genius™ Payment Platform. You will primarily develop server-side applications to integrate capabilities to our payment partners' systems. You are a very hands-on developer, typically with 2-4 years of experience.Your day to day will typically involve implementing smaller features, expanding our unit testing and test automation coverage, improving our reporting and documentation, and helping our Release Engineer maintain our Continuous Integration environment. Our working environment empowers software engineers and lets them focus on the technical challenges of solving problems, rather than dealing with bureaucracy or inefficient processes.
- Write high-throughput C# code that processes billions of dollars per year
- Perform enterprise server development in a distributed computing environment, including database design and development
- Feature development and bug fixes
- Assist the QA team with troubleshooting and repairing defects and implementing test automation
- Assist with software deployment activities to our production data center
- Use transport and application protocols to integrate capabilities within the underlying technical environment and across payment partner systems
- Spot issues warranting escalation and communicate these to management in clear, concise fashion
- Adhere to and apply overarching internal practices and policies with respect to coding standards, testing, scrum, and status reports
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field
- Experience in server product development
- Working experience in C# or Java
- Experience with Design Patterns, Refactoring, OO Design and related areas
- Passion for and self-motivated interest in Software Development as a profession - not just a job
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and organizational skills
- Must be proactive, self-motivated, attentive to detail, and able to work well under pressure
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
About Merchant Warehouse:
Merchant Warehouse is a leading provider of payment technologies and merchant services. The company’s solutions enable merchants to more effectively connect and engage with their customers regardless of how, where or when they choose to shop. Merchant Warehouse’s flagship technology solution, the Genius™ Customer Engagement Platform™, supports both traditional and new payment types, including mobile commerce, from a single countertop acceptance device.
Merchant Warehouse offers innovative payment solutions that help online and brick-and-mortar retailers, as well as point-of-sale (POS) developers, value-added resellers (VARs) and agents, strategically grow their business. Merchant Warehouse is one of the fastest growing payment technology companies in North America.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer. We aim to provide equality of opportunity to all persons regardless of their religious belief; political opinion; sex; race; age; sexual orientation; or, whether they are married or are in a civil partnership; or, whether they are disabled; or whether they have undergone, are undergoing or intend to undergo gender reassignment.
We do not discriminate against our job applicants or employees on any of the grounds listed above. We aim to select the best person for the job and all recruitment decisions will be made objectively.
Please send all resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.