Job Title: Software Engineer
Department: Engineering, Belfast
Direct Manager: SVP Engineering
Manages Others (If Yes, # of employees): No
- Design and develop mobile and embedded services
- Accomplish performance optimization in a product environment and refactoring
- Complete technical tasks related to feature development and bug fixes
- Perform enterprise server development in a distributed computing environment, including database design and development
- Use transport and application protocols to integrate capabilities within the underlying technical environment and across payment partner systems
- Demonstrate functional comprehension of software design principles, including coupling/cohesion, decomposition/modularity, encapsulation/information hiding, and separation of interface and implementation
- Review information and processes to identify discord between client requirements and current output, entailing ascertainment of client needs, problems, and expectations from a technical perspective
- Establish and execute sound, technical courses of action to accommodate client needs and expectations and overcome problems
- Apply technical background to identify information required and proceed to collect the same toward understanding issues and problems
- Efficiently generate ideas and high-quality technical solutions, including detailed analysis of idea impact assessment and ultimate selection of the most appropriate solution
- Contribute to the development of useful, technically accurate deliverables generated in a timely manner.
- Assist the QA team with troubleshooting and repairing defects
- Assist with software deployment activities to our production data center
- Make process and procedural suggestions and remove obstacles
- Simplify and improve existing technical methodologies
- Spot issues meritorious of escalation and communicate to management in clear, concise fashion
- Adhere to and apply overarching internal practices and policies with respect to coding standards, unit testing, scrum, and status reports
- BSc or MSc in Computer Science or related field
- Experience in server product development
- Working experience in C++ or Java
- Experience with Design Patterns, Refactoring, OO Design and related areas
- Passion for and self-motivated interest in Software Development as a profession, not just a job
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and organizational skills
- Must be proactive, self-motivated, attentive to detail, and able to work well under pressure
- Strong communication skills
- Willingness to work as part of a team
About Merchant Warehouse:
Merchant Warehouse is a recognized leader in payment acceptance solutions and merchant services. The company enables merchants, agents, POS developers and VARs to achieve strategic business advantage through the delivery of current and emerging payment, offer and program solutions and merchant services that dramatically enhance the merchant-customer experience. Merchant Warehouse is one of the fastest growing and innovative payment solutions companies in North America. For more information about Merchant Warehouse, please visit merchantwarehouse.com.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer. We aim to provide equality of opportunity to all persons regardless of their religious belief; political opinion; sex; race; age; sexual orientation; or, whether they are married or are in a civil partnership; or, whether they are disabled; or whether they have undergone, are undergoing or intend to undergo gender reassignment.
We do not discriminate against our job applicants or employees on any of the grounds listed above. We aim to select the best person for the job and all recruitment decisions will be made objectively.
Please send all resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.