Job Title: Web Developer
Reports To: Director, Digital Marketing
Internal web developer role responsible for new web projects and web properties, along with maintenance and improvements of existing properties. Among other things, the Web Developer will be a key contributor to a complete redesign and re-launch of a key web property.
As we look to build out our internal web development resources, this will play a great role for a candidate looking to grow his/her career.
In addition to the web development work, this person will be a team member, and will be required to work effectively with other team members and departments within the company. The ideal candidate has excellent communication skills, and will thrive in the process of translating business needs into web solutions.
- Creation, development and maintenance of CMS-powered web properties
- Front-end development
- Create and edit CMS templates
- Cross-browser, cross-platform, cross-device testing
- Project management – we will continue to use outside vendors for certain projects and the Web Developer will play a key role in managing these relationships and projects
- Documentation – work closely with internal departments to synthesize project requirements and create documentation that efficiently and effectively transfers knowledge to appropriate internal and external audiences
- Experience with Drupal 6/7+, including installing, testing, and debugging updates to Drupal core, modules and themes
- Experience with custom web application development and Drupal module development
- Experience with PHP and database programming, including MySQL
- Experience with Web development markup languages HTML/XML
- Looking for a team member – personality, culture fit, and the ability to work effectively with other team members and departments will be important factors
About Merchant Warehouse:
Merchant Warehouse is a leading provider of payment technologies and merchant services. The company’s solutions enable merchants to more effectively connect and engage with their customers regardless of how, where or when they choose to shop. Merchant Warehouse’s flagship technology solution, the Genius™ Customer Engagement Platform™, supports both traditional and new payment types, including mobile commerce, from a single countertop acceptance device.
Merchant Warehouse offers innovative payment solutions that help online and brick-and-mortar retailers, as well as point-of-sale (POS) developers, value-added resellers (VARs) and agents, strategically grow their business. Merchant Warehouse is one of the fastest growing payment technology companies in North America.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer. We aim to provide equality of opportunity to all persons regardless of their religious belief; political opinion; sex; race; age; sexual orientation; or, whether they are married or are in a civil partnership; or, whether they are disabled; or whether they have undergone, are undergoing or intend to undergo gender reassignment.
We do not discriminate against our job applicants or employees on any of the grounds listed above. We aim to select the best person for the job and all recruitment decisions will be made objectively.
Please send all resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.